Photography and filming
The school ensures it has parental consent before any child can appear in photography or video.
Parents are not permitted to take photographs or to make a video recording for anything other than their own personal use. Recording and/or photographing other than for private use would require the consent of the other parents whose children may be captured on film.
Often we take photographs of the children at our school.
Photographs will be maintained securely for authorised school use only, and disposed of either by return to the child, parents, or shredding as appropriate.
We may use these images in our school’s prospectus or in other printed publications that we produce, as well as online. We may also make video or webcam recordings for school-to-school conferences, monitoring or other educational use.
From time to time, our school may be visited by the media who will take photographs or film footage of a visiting dignitary or other high profile event. Pupils will often appear in these images, which may appear in local or national newspapers, or on televised news programmes.
To comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we need your consent before we can photograph or make any recordings of your child.
Please answer the questions below, then submit the form. Please note you can withdraw consent at any time.
- This form is valid for seven years from the date you sign it. The consent will automatically expire after this time (the school will ensure that images online are updated, and remove out-of-date images, although these may remain on the website for up to six months after your child leaves). It is your responsibility to let us know if you want to withdraw or change your agreement at any time. Please note you can withdraw consent at any time.
- We, the school, will not use the personal details or full names (which means first name and surname) of any child in a photographic image on video, online, in our school prospectus or in any of our other printed publications.
- We will not include personal e-mail or postal addresses, or telephone or fax numbers on video, online, in our school prospectus or in other printed publications.
- If we use photographs of individual pupils, we will not use the name of that child in the accompanying text or photo caption, unless we have your agreement.
- If we name a pupil in the text, we will not use a photograph of that child to accompany the article.
- We will only use images of pupils who are suitably dressed, to reduce the risk of such images being used inappropriately.